Without Data You Are Just a Person With An Opinion : Transformation from Data Analyst to Data Scientist
Data Science – Today Meets Tomorrow:
Data Science is a unity of descriptive statistics, algorithms, processes, and techniques which are used to extract knowledge from structured and unstructured data. It is a study of where the information comes from. Data Scientist’s job is to extract knowledge which leads to organizational profits and are of considerable human value. Data Science is a valuable resource behind all the information outburst provided by IT Companies and all kinds of businesses, be it finance sector or healthcare.
What does A Data Scientist Do?
- Data Scientist’s job is to identify data analytics problems and offer the requisite solution to the company
- Set the correct data sets and variables
- Provide accurate data by cleaning unnecessary data from Big Data
- Apply models and algorithms to mine the Big Data stores
- Interpret data to discover remedy or solutions.
- Analyze data to identify consumer and product patterns based on Data Scientist’s skill
What do Big Data Analysts Do?
- Big Data Analyst usually works with raw and unstructured data with the intent to find a solution that will help the company in its future business predictions.
- They use Big Data Analytic Tools to work in databases; basically, they are the people with immense knowledge in Big Data
- They find the problem and Data Scientists discover a solution.
- They need to be very comfortable in coding, data warehousing, and computational frameworks
- They are the machine learners and expert programmers and they put programs in the context of business goals.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DATA ANALYTICS AND DATA SCIENTISTS?
- Data Scientist can predict the future based on the past but a Data Analyst merely curates meaningful insights from Big Data
- Data Scientist usually forms his own question from the knowledge fetched from Big Data. Analyst searches answer from data.
- A Data Analyst uses Data Analytic Tools and addresses problems but the Data Scientist not only addresses the problem but also searches immediate solution.
- Data Analyst works with day-to-day stuff but a scientist works with Big Data Technologies and searches what-ifs
HOW TO SHIFT YOUR CAREER FROM DATA ANALYST TO DATA SCIENTIST?
Data Scientist’s Skills depend on how efficiently he can process Big Data, find the apt model for the profit of the company and how promptly he finds a solution when he addresses any problem. He can use data analytics and visualization application to extract useful data.
On the contrary, a data analyst translates data, decodes it and does market research, he decodes the sources in a simple language so that the company gets in a nutshell what strategies they should adopt to improve overall business quality.
If you want to shift from the analyst’s profession to a scientist’s profession, there are certain things you need to consider –
- You should practice your current role because practice makes a man perfect. If you intend to shift, you should observe the intended work and exercise your skills. Data Scientist’s Skill needs critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the data evaluated for your organization.
- You can do a short Online Data Science Program to get a better idea. There are Data Science Certification Courses available too.
- You should improve your model building skills and try working with real-life problems.
- You should explore different projects with data engineers and experts.
- You should learn the proper use of Data Analytics Tools to get hired by the best organizations.
- Before you make the shift set your goals because you need full dedication, commitment if you wish to move up the ladder of your career.
The 1-Year Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science & Business Analytics offered by 29-year old education group IIAS FuturEd; is a program that is both University-certified [MAKAUT (Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology), formerly WBUT (West Bengal University of Technology)] and stamped with industry approval by IT Giant IBM – offered with IBM Global Badges valid worldwide. So whether you are a Data Analyst or an aspiring Data Scientist, this might be your answer to upskill your skill-set and act as a CV-booster to move up the ladder in the in-demand Data Scientist profile.