Decoding the Buzzword: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is the technical term for machine intelligence. It is the intelligence dominated by the machine and in contrast to natural intelligence. AI is the term used to describe machine which imitates human intelligence. AI Robots are apt examples of this technology. Have you heard of the names like Sophia? It is a humanoid robot made in Hong Kong which can do everything a human being can do. Or to some extent, it can do more than a man can. Here lies the intelligence of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning go side by side.
What is Machine Learning?
Machine Learning is the application of AI. It provides the system with the ability to learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. It focuses on the development of computer programs. The primary aim of Machine Learning is to allow computers to learn automatically without human intervention or assistance. It is the scientific study of algorithms and statistic models helped by Artificial Intelligence.
How can we Relate Our Personal Lives with Artificial Intelligence?
As Artificial Intelligence is a very popular subject now, we have to know how we can relate to Artificial Intelligence in our lives. Robotics and AI are interrelated. Let us have a look at the genius inventions and the Applications of AI.
- SIRI – “Hey Siri! Call Dad”. Siri obeyed your command. “Hey, Siri play Despacito”. Siri obeyed your command. You must know Siri, the most popular personal assistant of Apple. That friendly female voice that interacts with the user on a daily basis. She assists in getting directions, sending messages or adds events in computer.
- TESLA – Tesla is something you are not going to miss if you are a car geek. It is one of the best automobiles. It features self-driving using predictive capabilities. If you think of having a car as shown in Hollywood movies, Tesla is something you might want to get your hands on.
- NETFLIX – It needs no definition. All the net-savvy people are associated with Netflix. It is a widely popular content-on-demand service that uses predictive technology to offer recommendations. It recommends movies based on your reaction or liking. It uses Big Data to store your personal choices through your reactions.
- OLA/UBER- You are in a hurry, you need to go somewhere. You call a yellow taxi and it refuses though it is written there “no refusal”. Naturally, you try other means of transport or wait for another cab which becomes more time-consuming; and ultimately arrive late at your destination. However, you will not be late if you have an OLA or UBER application on your phone. You can reach your destination on time.
How to Build a Career in AI?
32% of the executives working on AI have said that voice recognition is the most popular use among people using AI. To take your first step as an AI Scientist you should hold a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or basic computer technology. Also, if you are thinking to be an AI Specialist you should take up some AI Courses to deepen your knowledge. There are AI Courses which cover Cognitive science theory, basic algorithms, and computer languages learning like Python, R, Java, and SQL. They also make you learn physics, robotics and various levels of mathematics. AI Articles and AI Books can also help you acquire detailed knowledge about the field. You can be Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business Intelligence Developers, etc.
- In 2014, more than $300 million was invested in AI Start-ups, showing an almost increase of 300% compared to the previous year.
- In 2018, 6 billion connected devices will proactively ask for support
- Within 2020, it is predicted that 16% of American jobs will be replaced by Artificial Intelligence though there are almost 3000000 AI performers in the world working continuously to get replaced
What are the most Frequent Interview Questions of AI?
When you go for AI Jobs, these are the common questions an interviewer might ask you, for which you need to prepare your answers well.
- What are the common uses of AI?
- What do you know about Artificial Intelligence?
- What are the intelligent agents used in AI?
- What is Machine Learning and how it is used in AI?
- What is deep learning?
- What is automatic programming?
- What is Bayesian network?
- What is supervised and unsupervised learning?
Get up-skilled today with full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Data Science & Business Analytics from a University-certified [MAKAUT (Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology), formerly WBUT (West Bengal University of Technology)] and stamped with industry approval by IT Giant IBM, offered by 29-year old education group IIAS FuturEd. Alternatively, choose from short-term Certificate Programs specializing in Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT) or Digital Business Strategy mentored by LiveTutor (USA) and MAKAUT-certified in association with IIAS Education Group.